Most of our Website’s functionality can be used without revealing any personal information, though for some specific features or services personal information may be required. If you do not use these specific features or services on the Website, then the only information we collect will be “Non-Personal Information” (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify you). Non-Personal Information includes information such as the web pages that you have viewed. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Website, you may need to submit “Personally Identifiable Information” (i.e., information that can be used to identify you). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name, home address, telephone number and email address. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Pixel. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Consent to by Using Our Website
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Website:
- Updates. Pixel may offer you the ability to receive email or campaign updates either via email or another subscription service such as Facebook or Twitter. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address and zip code.
- Forums. Pixel offers a blog on the Website and may offer other public forums from time to time (the “Forums”) where you can share comments and thoughts. In order to participate in the Forums, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address. Personally Identifiable Information shall not include any information posted or sent by or to you via any public Forum or the Website.
- Volunteer with Pixel. In order to volunteer with Pixel, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address, city/state of residence and birth date.
- Purchases. When purchasing products through our Website, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, address, billing information (i.e., credit card information and billing address) (“Billing Information”), shipping address, email address and birth date.
- Donations. When making donations on our Website, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, address, Billing Information, email address and birth date.
- Participation in Contests, Sweepstakes, and Other Promotions. From time to time, Pixel may offer you the opportunity to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions on or through the Website. If you desire to participate in any such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion. This information may include, among other things, your name, age, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Communications with Pixel. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
How We Use the Information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways Pixel uses the information that we gather.
- Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
- Updates. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages that you request us to send. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Forums. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during your use of the Forums to facilitate your use of the Forums. In addition we may publish this information either on the Website and/or in other publications. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you and/or your designee(s).
- Volunteer with Pixel. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you volunteer with Pixel to respond to your request to volunteer. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Purchases. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during the purchasing process to fulfill the order. Billing Information may be archived by us or our providers. We may archive Personally Identifiable Information other than Billing Information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Donations. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you make a donation on our Website to process your donation (either directly or through our providers), and we may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Participation in Contests, Sweepstakes and Other Promotions. We use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you when you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion through the Website for processing purposes. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Disclosure to our Pixel Partners. Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you may be shared with partner non-profit organizations with whom we work.
- Disclosure to Pixel Operations and Maintenance Contractors. Our operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course of providing products or services to us. These contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Website. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
For your convenience we may provide links to websites operated by companies other than Pixel (“Third Party Sites”) that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to these Third Party Sites without obtaining your consent.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personally Identifiable Information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
You may email us at email@example.com in order to delete or update your Personally Identifiable Information on our systems. We try to answer every email promptly, but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact Pixel using the information provided below.
Pixel makes no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the Information, Website, or Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Pixel strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Website from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected on our Website without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such Personally Identifiable Information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents may have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such requests, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below.
Effective November 24, 201